1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gosh, why aren't Biden and the Democrats working on unity!?!

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

two years to govern let's see how they do fix this joe biden

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Fulton County Georgia is opening a criminal investigation into Trump tampering with the election.
    I sure as heck hope they do the same for Graham.

4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

So the story yesterday was that 1 senator changed his mind because trumps lawyers suck, and not that 44 senators ignored the constitution and voted that the impeachment wasn’t permissible?
    And they are allowed to stay on the “jury” even though they aren’t going to consider the evidence?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Jamie Raskin is good

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This has been the case since the first impeachment. Senators go on TV and flat out say they have no intention of being impartial. They should be disqualified and censured themselves for ignoring the oath they take.
    There should also be penalties for those who are opening ignoring the proceedings while they are there.

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Covid tried

But not enough of the right people died

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I mean, this is kind of where I’m drifting towards too as a Democrat. I don’t think being a Republican automatically makes someone evil. But if they can still call themselves one after all that has gone down in recent years it is a rebuttable presumption.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joe Neguse.

[​IMG]

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Capitol Police have been mostly for decoration, haven't they? Much like the Swiss Guards were at The Vatican before John Paul II was shot in 1981? The latter has since morphed into an organization much like the Secret Service. The Capitol Police needs to be beefed up to handle such situations.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Wonder if Swalwell thought he’d get a do over after he was passed up for the first impeachment

Draft saved Draft deleted