1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Missed it. What was it?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

While the presentations were masterful today, it might have swayed one senator. Maybe two.

That's it. They might be at 56 now, but still need 11 more to impeach and that's not going to happen.

The defense team doesn't even need to present an argument. They can stand up, say they rest and that's it.

Tom Cotton and Rand Paul didn't even pay attention to what was being shown.

They didn't even pretend to give a shit.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cotton, Paul, Cruz, Hawley, Graham, Tubershitville, Johnson and maybe a couple of others would have ignored Booth and Oswald too.

Webster and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Basically refused to watch and made clear to my roommate - a good man who loathes the Tangerine Tantrum and the Republicans - that I wasn't watching the goings-on.

What the Senate Republicans are going to do is unforgivable and unforgettable. We must never forget.

garrow likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a party of racist, fascist traitor all the way down. It's getting to be a pretty clear divide. You can be someone who strives to be a good person and patriotic citizen or you can be a Republican, but not both.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Rand Paul is a miserable ball of pubic hair with shit mixed in.
    Another turd who needed daddy's help at every step of the way.

heyabbott and Gutter like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

44 GQP Senators would rather sit in that chamber these days and watch the horrors of Jan. 6 play out again and again, be told to their faces that they are violating their oaths and have thrown their lot in with murderous, anti-police, anti-democracy, anti-American costume-wearing lickspittles..than face a primary opponent.

Really goes to show just how powerful a drug being a Senator really is, that they are willing to humiliate themselves, their loved ones now and for generations to come, just to avoid the slight chance of not getting re-elected.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wish some of the House managers would call out Senators for not paying attention the same way I do a kid in class.
    "Hey, why don't you pay attention to what I'm saying, and you might actually learn something."

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Riot the same as Covid, the right people didn't die.

Draft saved Draft deleted