1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The center Democrats ain't splitting off to join nuthin. They hold the Senate by a shaky paper-thin margin and the House by not much more. Joining any third-party windmill tilters throws that all out the window.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Part of what will make unity work is for the Democrats to remain united.

If the Republicans want to split up into factions, let them. They'll never accomplish anything on Capitol Hill again. And wouldn't that just break our hearts?

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Despite no evidence, Trump and the GOP make many accusations

Despite much evidence, the GOP Senators are going to acquit a guilty man

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I don't know why this is hitting me so hard tonight, but it is. It's the GQP, and nothing will ever, ever change. And I always knew they'd turn a blind eye to even this.

But I am so, so fucking saddened. I don't see how this ever gets any better, ever again, in my lifetime. I hurt for my daughter and the future of this country (she's almost 18).

We are irreparably broken. All for this MOTHERFUCKING asshole. That's how shameful this is. That guy.

We'll never, ever be the same.* It's only going to get worse.

(*And, I know, this was always there, just hidden in places. Still.)

I give up.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He lost. Democrats won the Senate. The Republican Party is now seriously fractured and lost badly before breaking apart.

So they’re not going to have 2/3 needed to convict? Ok. He’s still sitting in his shitty club in Florida unable to tweet, nothing to do, miserable. And the state prosecutors are just getting started.

The dickheads lost. You can get off the ledge.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Courage, Camille. The white birthrate is declining and non-white population increasing. The dipshit GQP is a minoritarian party that subsists of necessity on restricted voting and the counterfactual. They're not long for this world, the fuckers.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

GQP at it.

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Not to mention the senators who vote to acquit will be forever marked by that cowardice--which is in some ways the real endgame here. Maybe not all of them will lose re-election as a result, but I'll bet a damn sight more than is typical will (especially after the footage has now been released making abundantly clear what happened and why). The public's memory is short, but it doesn't forget things like 9/11 and it won't forget 1/6, either.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just looking through teh Twitterez, Lee's declaration of shenanigans could disqualify him as a juror, or he may be called as a witness.

e76fbf405d42020c96801a7899d6a3610c7d7a11v2_hq.jpg

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Fox News got their audience research back and "more crazy" is what the audience wants. And you are quite aware that Tucker (above) knows he's lying because his voice is pitched a little bit higher than it normally is - an easy tell.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't understand the Senators worrying about Trump. It is a dead end. There is just no way Trump comes back to win the WH in '24 or the nomination. Even those dumb enough to follow his marching orders to the capitol have disowned him and I guess the message hasn't quite gotten back to the state parties and to the electeds in DC yet. The only thing worse would be a "Trump lite" (insert joke here). Being "Trump adjacent" means you get all the baggage associated with Trump, but have none of appeal to his masses. It isn't like there was ever a "Trump doctrine." (except for "I've Got Mine - Go Get Me Some More.")

Draft saved Draft deleted