1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He just said Georgia Secretary of State Ben Roethlisberger

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jill Biden gets favorable coverage because she has gone out and done normal people things while at the White House, which neither Trump nor his wife ever did. From the dogs to visiting neighborhood stores to just appearing smiling and friendly, she and Joe are doing stuff that looks happy and harmless. The one normal activity Trump pursued in office was playing golf, and he didn't want that photographed!!

3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Schoen is not an Ivy-trained lawyer. He went to BC Law. As a fellow alum (years later -- I was in middle school when he was there) I'll say it's a good school that was ranked pretty high when I applied (though it has slid precipitously since I graduated -- correlation, causation and all that good stuff). But it's not Ivy and this idiot isn't helping its reputation any.

Edit: Unless you're talking about the other guy. Vander Veen but it looks like he got his JD from Quinnipiac.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

OOP gonna take over the thread.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"How could so many riot violently for the President when so many didn't even vote in the first place?"

"The defense rests."

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Well, Raffensberger did take a hard pass when Trump tried to sack him.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nimrata Haley now the first official GQP ambulance chaser.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I read that as Nina Hartley and thought this thread had taken a welcome turn

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Getting your JD from Quinnipiac is like getting... I can't even come up with the analogy.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Stop the Steel(er)

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

What I was thinking while watching this "context" discussion is that speechmakers need to know their audience. If you are "fighting" for something and telling that to a group of nicely dressed adults sitting in bleachers, it is going to be interpreted differently than if you are "fighting" for something you want to be stopped and the audience is armed thugs dressed in camo and bull headdresses.

cyclingwriter2 and lakefront like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not always.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted