1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of the commentators last night said if it was a secret ballot, it would be 90-10. But with an open ballot, Trump will walk ... for now. Bastards.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pence would be the perfect guy to do it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He’s the guy to call as a witness

5. Starman

It would be the Palpatine moment of all time in US political history, but I can't see Pence pulling it off unless he's been the greatest possum player ever.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If he were, why would he vote the way he did on the procedural votes? He makes Kevin McCarthy look like a profile in courage.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Starman

They're all fucking chickenshits, but you can
    imagine once the dam breaks, the stampede would be on. Who the hell would want to be the last ones into the lifeboats? Fatfuck will let 'em all go down in flames.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he does, which I still doubt, will he do it early enough in the vote to flash the all clear to the rest? Do they vote by states, alphabetical, or by Senator's names, or what?

God, it would just tickle my root for the Turtle to do that and stick a knife in Trump. I don't think he has it in him.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

I guess we'll have to see if he walks after a real jury trial.

10. Neutral Corner

Get him there and put him under oath, and he has the perfect excuse to tell the unvarnished truth. You just know he can't bring himself to lie under oath, right?

lakefront likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

If he does, I can see Lindsey screaming real quickly, “me too, daddy, me too.”

Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That’s what I care about, not that I ever expect to see it. Call me when Donald Trump is in a real jail with real iron bars, real cockroaches, the whole deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted