1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

To all carbon-based life forms.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Queens Gambit: The GOP's Dangerous Enabling of Donald Trump

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, the Capitol Police must go to work every day knowing they are tasked to protect 43 senators and 190-odd house members who don't think the guy who tried to kill them by unleashing a mob should be held accountable.

And Uncle Tim Scott voted not to punish the guy who unleashed thousands of Klansmen and Klanswomen and other assorted white supremacists on the Capitol.

lakefront and Songbird like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still putting the fun in dysfunction.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just a wild guess here, but I think speaking fees and fund-raising will be involved. And we all know where the money will end up.

heyabbott and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    TowelWaver and georgealfano like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Democrats - including Biden, it seems - are going to cave on COVID relief just like they did impeachment. Biden promised the extra $1400 to everyone, now they are waffling on who gets it and who doesn't.
    Do I need the relief money? No. Will it help me? Yes. I dump it right back into the economy? Yes.
    I'm over the moon that Trump is gone, but right now I feel like I bet my money on a horse that stumbled right out of the gate.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Watching my trump-loving associates on Facebook this week has been interesting. Almost none of them have mentioned the impeachment or the acquittal. I compare it almost to fans of a sports team that wins a game by blatantly flaunting the rules. The fans aren’t going to be flexing and cheering in public much.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted