1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Their energy has been sucked away by his social media bans. It’s the tweets which give them their dose of grievance.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't get that sense. I don't like the slow-walking, though. Mr. hack, they had time to get the guts of the legislation ready — if nothing else, they had two weeks after the Georgia runoffs. There always can be horse trading, but when the other guys don't bring horses to the auction house ...

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They can start every morning instead with a

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I keep hearing all these reports that they want to limit who gets it. Some say if your family made more the 150K, you don't get it. Others lower it to 100K.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As far as I have seen, they are sticking with the $150K limit, which probably doesn't affect too many folks on this board -- except Doc Halliday of course.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I don’t know how many of you follow Heather Cox Richardson on Facebook but her daily summaries are must-reads
    In today’s she wrote McConnell told Schumer if witnesses were allowed he would filibuster COVID and Merrick Garland

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Joe Biden is my president!

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Covid could go through via reconciliation and there is no filibuster on nominees if I’m not mistaken.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nominations cannot be filibustered. Covid relief is going to be done under budget reconciliation. What McConnell COULD have done is refuse to allow the trial to end, which does require 60 votes, and would prevent the Senate from doing other business. But there's a workaround for that, too. What I think happened is that Coons, who is the Dems outreach guy to non-nuts GOP Senators, told the House managers they already had all the votes they were going to get, and could lose some by further exposing what a criminally traitorous enterprise the Republicans have become.

Draft saved Draft deleted