1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (Sorry, I know they’re from Charlotte area).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Parents: both Hoover
    Me: Eisenhower
    7 brothers and 1 sister: twins Truman, rest between Eisenhower and lbj.
    My mother had over 10 siblings. She was the 7th daughter born in her I was also the 7th, and being the 7th son of a 7th daughter supposedly made me a king if I was a gypsy. My sister was last.

maumann and heyabbott like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

House Homeland Security chairman sues Trump and Giuliani, accusing them of inciting Capitol riot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c=nl_daily202#link-PESMLS3MJVBGBMANUOY3YJ7PXM

"The chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee on Tuesday filed a federal lawsuit accusing former president Donald Trump, attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani and two extremist groups whose members have been charged in the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol with illegally conspiring to intimidate and block Congress’s certification of the 2020 election.

Rep. Bennie G. Thompson (D-Miss.) alleged in federal court in Washington that Trump and Giuliani’s false claims that the election was stolen fomented a raid that violated the Ku Klux Klan Act, an 1871 law enacted after the Civil War to bar violent interference in Congress’s constitutional duties.

The lawsuit alleges that Trump, Giuliani and self-styled militia members of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys sought to harass and impede lawmakers, and temporarily succeeded, forcing Thompson and others to don gas masks and take cover on the House gallery floor before being evacuated to shelter in the Longworth House Office Building with more than 200 other representatives, staffers and relatives."

5. Neutral Corner

Just read that DeSantis is considered a good R presidential candidate, due to his handling of Covid. Yeah, run this ticket.

maumann likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. Neutral Corner

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member