1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, unfortunately, since Neil Peart died, Geddy and Alex have said as much ...

2muchcoffeeman, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Another monument to you-know-who comes crashing down ... literally:

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ned Flanders wants being a lefty to be a protected class.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

1) This isn't the GQP State Sen who I thought would be referenced here

2) I mean, I didn't know Racist Piece of Shit was an official political party.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

From the HR sessions I attended when I was a manager in the business, you can't even ask those questions when interviewing a job candidate.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Houston Chronicle is wiling out.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s a big fat nothingburger because 1) no one is asking your political affiliation. 2) the only people who get fired for political affiliation are those who are political appointees and you understand your job is dependent on the administration. 3) few if anyone actually cares how you are registered. They care if you are an asshole and that, and no other reason, is why people get fired.

This is just a way to put Dems in a corner. They reject this plan, because it is bullshit, and GQP get to scream about how the libs hate conservatives and perpetuate the myth of the oppressed.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If it's true that turbines freeze and that the freezing would gum up the system entirely, how has the Green New Deal gotten any traction? Freezing in Texas isn't a concern. But in a good chunk of the country, it is. This would seem to be a problem.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I was struck, last night, by the fact that Joe Biden, in all the times he'd been to the White House, had never been in the residence part of it.

I think Joe Biden has something close to humility/guilt/whatever and feels bad for a million things, and it'll be used by the people around him to get what they want by leveraging that guilt.

Draft saved Draft deleted