1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Feb 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It did?

And it did include this:

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm glad he lived long enough to see the landslide election of the first Black/Asian/feminazi to the executive branch. I'm sure that sustained him though what I hope was a very painful final month.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One down, 74 million to go.

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Rest in Piss is trending. LOL.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Whoever follows Rush in the 12-3 time slot will be like Ray Perkins following Bear Bryant at Alabama. Even if they do a decent job, it's an impossible task.
    It didn't seem like they were grooming anyone as his successor. He used several rotating guest hosts when he was out, and I think at least a couple of them have their own national shows and brands that might make them a bad fit. Mark Steyn was probably the best and might be the best fit to step into it. He's familiar to the audience (guest-hosted for 15 years), but doesn't have the same national presence as some of the other guest hosts so he could carry on a familiar style without it feeling like a completely different show.

Liut likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, Steyn is the only guest host that doesn't make me roll my eyes. And he does seem to have a sense of humor. Not in a constant state of rage like Levin.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Batman and Liut like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I Don't Even Want To Be Alive Anymore
    The irony is that, even if I did die, the hell I would surely be sent to could not possibly be any worse than the bottomless pool of excrement I already paddle around in like some demented, shit-covered walrus. In fact, every time I hear my voice coming through the headphones I nearly gag, and I think, "What the fuck am I doing?" Why would I say that Michael J. Fox is faking his Parkinson's symptoms? Why would I find it funny to play a song called "Barack the Magic Negro"? Why would I tell people not to give aid to Haiti?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But she doesn't reach the threshold of significance here.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rush’s fourth wife announces it on the show today. Doubt she’ll be the fill-in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.