1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rush Limbaugh dead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Feb 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just want to know if ESPN was smart enough to know that they were hiring him so he would fuck up in a firey crash so they could get noise out of both hiring and firing him? Or were they so deaf they couldn’t hear the sound of a noose swinging in the wind?

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The same reason the voters hired Donald J Trump. It was assumed he would modify his behavior in a different setting.

The thing that was fishy about that ESPN incident is no one called him out immediately after he said it, and it was an argument made in support of Limbaugh at the time.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he was very desirous to put his shit in it

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I don’t think the Royals have commented on the death of their former ticket salesman

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

G. Gordon Liddy... still alive.

Liut likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Twitter is increasingly performance art for patron/thinktank money. A whole bunch of people singing for their supper, working their corners, in tweets.

People haven't caught up yet. To Facebook, perhaps, people are getting more wise. Twitter, not yet. I don't even think Twitter has caught up yet. Twitter is getting gamed, and does not know it, or does not care yet.

champ_kind likes this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Even in death, Limbaugh's final wish and ego get satisfied.

The people who hate him are talking about him.

He always struck me as a person who needed adulation/public attention like it was oxygen. He attained that in the 1990s. Now that he's dead... he's getting it today.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So, this thread is filled with all the things Rush has said over the years.

Can a similar list be created for Maddow? Just curious.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Well, at least he lived long enough to see Trump lose and his and Trump’s supporters defile the Capitol.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Then again, some of the things "Rush has said" (so far) have basically been accusations on steroids.

I know he often mocked the "gay politics" (or whatever term you would use). But if someone has a clip of him actually reading a list of dead gay people and mocking them (as has been alluded twice so far), I'd like to hear it.

Liut likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Likely an urban legend.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And Trump impeached twice. All while in agonizing pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.