1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Alma should have been a profiler because he’s able to look at a person and see what’s in their head and heart and soul.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You sound like someone looking for a reason to slam a working charity.

Biden has a knowledge of how the government works so he is a 100 Miles ahead of the last shitshow. And he’s also a couple of years ahead of Obama’s pace.
    So Biden has done exactly what Trump said he was gong to do but lacked the brains, balls and patience to do.
    Set an Agneda.
    Hire knowledgeable and experienced people in their field who will implement the agenda.
    Shake hands, kiss babies, say kind words when they are needed and scolding words when appropriate.
    Appear presidential.
    Act like the adult that a middle-class mother would want for her child to grow up be, successful and respected.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who beat?

Edit: Wikipedia has everything.

Labour's Tony Benn won.
    David Sutch from the Monster Raving Loony Party finished fourth.
    David Cahill from the Re-classify The Sun newspaper a comic finished second to DFL.

Machine Head and maumann like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As a Delawarean, I must say Biden is as normal as he seems. He's an Irish Catholic pol, just better at the "pol" part of it than the thousands of others of his type throughout the Northeast.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know you didn’t explicitly bring up evangelical Christianity but the way it ties into what you are saying is what alternately fascinates and horrifies me.

I feel like there are a number of principles I was told make up a Godly person that my evangelical friends agree with in the abstract, but when it comes time to road test those principles they go running to the shelter of the nearest strongman to protect them of all they are scared of, which mostly boils down to things not being exactly like they’ve always been.

The idea of Biden as imposter is strange to me. Trump presented as an insecure bully with a classic case of overcompensation, and anybody with two weeks worth of Sunday School under their belt should have been capable of picking up on it. But he put on a show of strength and the show is more important than the substance.

Both ends of the Bible are chockablock with examples of God working through the weak and disfavored to confound the understanding of the powerful. First-born Esau was the rough n tough bearded hunter, the Donald Trump Jr. of Genesis if you will, but it was mama’s boy Jacob that wound up with the birthright. David was so far down the rankings of his family lineage he may as well have been a Sun Belt school and yet after sobbing through his bromance with Jonathan he conquered Israel, writing poems and plucking the harp all the while.

Biden wasn’t my first choice but he developed into a better candidate than I expected and I think you are selling him short. Any man that endured the multiple personal tragedies he has and not only treads water but pushes forward has gumption to spare. I think you are reacting to the caricatures of him and not his actions.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Profiler ... a lickey boom boom down?

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Guy isn’t a petulant child = impostor syndrome

Guy doesn’t lie every. single. fucking. minute. = he feels guilty about something

Guy isn’t a con artist = people are going to take advantage him

Do I have that summed up correctly?

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“One NCAA compliance official at an Atlantic Coast Conference school — that is, a school in Wake Forest's conference — told Salon it was "not possible" that a random player with Patrick Hannity's relatively modest statistics could land a spot on a top-tier team without the backing of family money or influence. Many schools will happily pay tens of thousands of dollars to keep an athlete on the bench for four years "if it's worth that million-dollar donation" coming at some point down the road, the official said.”

The poor kid looks like 21 year old virgin.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If the worst thing they can say about you is you’re too nice, you’re doing something right.

I hope Biden Ted Lasso’s his way through his entire Presidency.

Draft saved Draft deleted