1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Carter was roundly ripped (and still is) for delivering fireside chats in heavy knit sweaters and saying we should turn our thermostats down to 65 to save energy. He was probably right.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Carter, the farmer, was a terrible president for farmers.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He would have been great if we/Ronnie had the balls to tell the Middle East to fuck off.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I've never understood the grain embargo. Punish Soviet citizens while punishing American farmers.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Every US sanction punishes Russian citizens under some perverse idea that 1. "This will get the Kremlin to change its behavior" or 2. "The people will demand new leaders who won't be sanctioned."

Dumb and dumber.

Liut likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He was.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I voted in the elections of 76, 80, 84, and 88. It was 1992 before I voted for a winner. People asked me, "don't you feel bad being wrong so often?" to which I said, "I haven't been wrong yet."

HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Me too. Except I couldn’t vote in 76.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Speaking of Jimmy Carter, has there been a, for lack of a better word, definitive biography done on him? Something relatively on par with what Chernow or Isaacson or McCullough would produce?

Liut likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You were quite wrong in 1984. :)

That was my late father's only Republican presidential selection (before Trump in 2016). :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted