1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

At most place I’ve worked full time, 34 or 36 hours was full-time equivalent with benefits. Except for the Ozarks, your state sucks.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Um, Trump?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sorry but what country are you watching? The GQP is controlling the media, the policy debates and they have a near lock on vetoing the Democrats every move.
    Sister Marjorie’s fucked up mentality on bathrooms or gender or whatever Jesus told her to hate is getting full coverage as if her side of the debate requires and deserves thoughtful explanation. The same damn thing CNN and NYTimes and CBS ... did with trump. They are treating the Jesus Party of Lunatics as rational.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BTW if the ChristianRepublikkkans have a problem send their kids somewhere where some transgendered person may use a bathroom, but still send their kids to the fucked-up Inquisition Churches where children are routinely raped and abused by 10’s of the thousands of pastors, reverends and priests then their kids deserve it. Still sending your kids to Boy Scouts Christian Republicans? You just want your kids to be sexually assaulted. Still sending your kids to sport activities where the coaches and trainers routinely sexually assault children? Then you dirty Christians must love sexual
    Child abuse.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Daybrook logo looks Expos-esque.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Here would be my counter-argument - What if the past two elections were only competitive *because* of him? Because it sure does look like that to me. Trump's presence on a ballot turns out a bunch of people who otherwise don't vote. Republicans got trounced in the midterm elections in 2018, and they lost two run-off elections in Georgia, not exactly known as a (D) stronghold. There is obviously a lot of time for the Democrats to fuck things up between now and 2024, including another midterm, but what if Trump's presence on the ballot was covering up an even greater decay of the party's popularity?

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

No, Derpzilla, Amish people do not refuse to wear masks because of their faith. There may be a few who do without them because English idiots like you bully them when they do business with you.

This is what happens when pool noodles achieve singularity.

Where is mah hockey stick?!?!?!?!?!?!

jolly-ranchers-hard-candy-b.jpg

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It must now hire Youppi as its mascot.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When I started at the grocery store, I was getting the local minimum wage, with increases in my base pay every time it went up. Also get regular raises thanks as I hit the next step on the ladder (thanks, union!). Got another raise when I went from a bagger to a cashier (thanks, union!) and while I/m classified as part-time, I'm guaranteed enough hours each week to stay on the health plan (thanks, union!).

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Most of the people on my Facebook page seem to think that because of Biden's executive order there will be a ton of boys identifying as girls and competing in girls sports because they would have an easier time winning and getting scholarships.

Is that really as stupid as it sounds?

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes. But a lot of women have bought into it. They think that their daughters sports going to be overrun by 'boys pretending to be girls.' The truth of the matter is that there aren't that many trans women out there. And then throw in that if they're actually transitioning, they're taking hormones and testosterone blockers and their bodies are changing. And then there's the absolute b******* that just because someone was born biologically male they are a better athlete than any given girl. They are not. It's a kind of exclusion that I hate to see women fall to, because I'm old enough to remember that I wasn't allowed to play sports because I didn't have a penis. women's sports and girls youth leagues exist because women and girls were not allowed to play with the men and the boys. And now to watch some of my peers react so negatively to trans women, who are some of the most marginalized people in this country, disgusts me. And the only example they can come up with is the one in Connecticut with the two trans girls running track. That's it, that's the only example.

Draft saved Draft deleted