1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Agreed. I spent some time in a church where Battle Hymn was pretty much required of the choir for Memorial Day weekend, and it is a banger.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

At least its only the clowns on one side; its not purely down the party line now. That's something.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It even has a simple talking point to point out over and over. Just say “It hasn’t been raised in 14 years. How much longer does it have to go before it gets raised?”

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

RepubliQan Strategy: let's dig further in to unpopular self serving ideas, and then we'll stop Americans from voting for anything or anyone but republicans through gerrymandering and voter suppression. And the cream on top is taking away rights while screaming the opposite.

Like bridesmaids dogpiling on a bouquet of bigotry.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How Pro-Trump Forces Pushed a Lie About Antifa at the Capitol Riot

"The conspiracy gained new momentum after The Washington Times, a right-wing newspaper, published an online article shortly before 2:30 p.m. claiming that a facial recognition firm had identified antifa activists in the crowd at the Capitol. The newspaper corrected the article less than 24 hours later after its claims were proved false — but not before the story made an enormous impact. The article eventually amassed 360,000 likes and shares on Facebook, according to CrowdTangle, a tool owned by Facebook and used for analyzing social media.

From 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., the antifa falsehood was mentioned about 8,700 times across cable television, social media and online news outlets...."

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, best I can tell it was really a bunch of evangelicals praying over the Golden Former in flag boxers.

Since deleted, so prolly so.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

IIRC we got the same act before Trump's speech on 1/6. Makes sense. Trump basically gave the same speech too.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

And maybe throw in "How long has it been since the Republicans cut taxes on the rich?"

OscarMadison and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If Democrats can convince working-class voters that they care about them, it will become law, in January 2023.

We're trying to reverse 40 years of conservatives beating anyone below the upper middle class into submission. You can't get everything done today.

matt_garth likes this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Indeed. Seeing General Winfield Scott Hancock and the Philadelphia brigade magically reappear behind a stone wall at the US Capitol on Jan. 6 and turn the MAGA insurrection into Pickett's Charge II would have been a magical sight. "Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg!"

Justin_Rice likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ll come clean. When I was younger and more full of piss and vinegar about “how the Yankees treated us,” I refused to sing along with that one in church, or anywhere else. Not something I’m at all proud of now.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

To get a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate after the 2022 election, the Dems would have to knock off everything marginal (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Rubio, Grassley, Ohio, North Carolina) and the likes of Tim Scott (South Carolina), Lisa Murkowski, Roy Blunt (Missouri) and Todd Young (Indiana).

Draft saved Draft deleted