1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cuomo's a bullying asshole to everyone and his treatment of young women is yet another power trip because the Governor is unlikely to get his face slapped or stare into the face of an angry husband/boyfriend intent on an ass-whippin'. He has executive ability, but surely New York state contains some Democrats with similar ability who aren't bullying assholes and sex harassers.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is this Me Too II? Between all this and COVID-19, I'm not sure what will be "in bounds" once social-distancing is over. I think Cuomo has probably harassed everyone and uses whatever might make them most uncomfortable to gain leverage.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because real leaders play by the rules.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Democrats 2021: All the war and migrant detention without the Trump or that $15 an hour min. wage. Honestly, I'm very much okay with dumping a Dem in a safe seat. Sure, you'd like Manchin to pay the price - but that will never happen. I just don't think Dem Senators try that hard. They're great at huffing and puffing about the Rs blocking judges and approving their own without much review, but they didn't seem to put much effort in even raising the minimum wage.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

True. But. What if we lose all the real leaders to stuff like this and are only left with the bad ones?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They don't have the votes. Right now, Manchin and Sinema are co-Presidents of the US as far as legislation goes. Since neither seems to want that responsibility, they are using their power to keep things from happening. Manchin at least engages in negotiation about what he wants. Sinema just ducks under her desk. But you can't blame the other 48 Dems for this. The only weapon they have is persuasion. The rubber will hit the road on the voting rights bill. Then the two filibuster lovers will face maximum pressure. It might not work.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Vote Republican?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you draw a bright line not to think with your dick, then you end up with fewer situations like Cal Cunningham. If he keeps it in his pants, we could well be looking at a 51-49 Senate and Joe Manchin’s ass suddenly isn’t covered in lipstick all day. (Sinema is a moderate at heart, but she also sees her state drifting blue.)

tapintoamerica, Mngwa and Driftwood like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Russia, Russia, Russia,"--the Mafia Don

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Um. No.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP clearly shows how to put a rapist in the WH and Dems can't help stepping on their own or anyone else's dicks.

Mngwa likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes. This is the sentiment I'm stuck at.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted