1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Loved the way the reporter, Segall, pressed the shaman's mother with her line of questioning. That's the way you do it.

3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Holy bat crazy. I like how she can’t force herself to say her son is in jail.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Sun's pickleball beat writer will seek comment from the Governor's office.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Songbird

Might have to bypass guv's statement in order to tweet the first few lines of the story before going back to finish the story, upload it to the website, paste links to the online story on social media, then start paginating 8-10 pages.

Woody Long likes this.
  7. Songbird

This is pretty much the sickness of it all when it comes to modern media, in this case Fox.

Fox/QOP's rail on the $1.9T package being the worst!!11!!1!!!!1

Dems reduce caps on $1,400 checks.

Fox/GOP's say Biden's the worst for slashing covid relief to millions!!11!11!!!!

CNN/progs do the same thing. But this is the exact problem. There is no rest from the onslaught of masturbation information.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.10.14 PM.png

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least they aren’t writing about preps. [/crossthread]

Liut, Woody Long and HanSenSE like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cable news - doesn't matter which network -relies on the concept of convincing viewers they SHOULD be outraged about something.
    The GOP is the kid who never puts his clothes in the hamper, leaves the milk out, or cleans up after himself who gets yelled at by mom, who puts the milk away, puts the clothes etc. and wonders why her yelling never amounts to much.
    If nothing else I hope Schumer puts the Senate into overdrive on all of those bills that Mitch sat on, work four or five days a week (or more) start getting votes on these issues and making Senators put their names on them.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Why do you care what some rando on the internet thinks? If you've invested time in talking to them and getting to know what happens on their side of the intertubes, I can see it. Otherwise? You have better things to do with your time.

Pro tip: I get stalked by people who are (more) stupid (than I am.) I give them one warning to back off. Then I correct their spelling, grammar, and syntax and tell them to leave me alone. This has usually been preceded by private messages they probably think are screamingly funny and mean. At least that's what I can parse from their shaky command of written English. If they're just bloviating, walk away. If they are specifically targeting you, leave a handful of claw marks and tell them to go away. 99% of the time, they will.

Wow. It took longer to write about it than to actually get the average adenoidal, lisping, superannuated middle school mean girl to leave me alone and let me have fun grab-assing about hockey, archery, or the best tools for artists at Harbor Freight.

Back to those jackholes in Washington...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Those headlines prove how dumb it is for Biden and the Dems to cave on the stimulus checks. That will be used against them. It already is. When the midterms come around, their opponents will be saying it was the Dems who scaled things back. Manchin thinks he's appealing to the right-leaners in WV who will vote for him. Trump himself called for $2,000 checks, for crying out loud! And, yes, not one Republican will vote for this (well, maybe a couple), no matter where the Dems give in, but it will be their lack of spine that gives their opponents openings. So dumb.

Draft saved Draft deleted