1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You've lost the plot.

In the minds of Trump supporters, it was the Dems' fault that the GOP Senate didn't give $2000 checks before, and this mere $1400 is just proof that Dems lied to their voters, and our only choice is to vote GOP next time, so they continue to blame Dems while opposing Trump's proposed stimulus.

And to answer your question: No - it didn't make any sense while I was typing it, either.

OscarMadison and Kato like this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

oscar, archery sounds like a great cathartic hobby to take up right now.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This surely doesn’t surprise you. Republicans always have more of a mean streak than Democrats. It’s a shame. Dems just aren’t tough enough. Nothing has changed.

OscarMadison, Patchen and Kato like this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Chuck Todd cannot even ask a question - the barest aspect of the job

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Biden’s got to get Manchin in the Oval Office, ply him with moonshine and tell him to quit fucking around and eliminate the filibuster
    Manchin already has his pound of flesh in Tanden, whose crime was calling out his crooked sister
    If he wants some pork for WVa give it to him
    Filibuster has to go
    Sinema I have yet to figure out
    Started as a lefty, now a moderate
    Doesn’t really talk to the media but seems to like the attention

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Why is this thread still open? I thought we had a new president by now.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

So Justice gets to appoint a Republican senator and there goes your majority? Edit: Misread your post but I’m gonna let my stupidity stand, in case anyone else thinks that’s a good idea.

You’d do better trying to peel off one of the handful of disaffected Republicans — or offer Portman or Toomey a big-boy job. With all of her concern, maybe Collins would be an ok Secretary of State.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if the pickle ball players don’t get their names in the paper, they will be deprived of vaccines.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The new "date" of Trump's return to the Oval. Take the zip code of Mar-A-Lago (33480) divide by Trump's "roster weight" (239) divide by 13 since Q is the 13th letter of the alphabet. 8.24 (August 24.) You heard it here first.

matt_garth and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

There's a non-trivial chance this is a "They're coming for your guns" play by the publisher.

Draft saved Draft deleted