1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gee called to congratulate Trump right after Rove did.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And other days ...

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Rove is the guy who questioned Fox when they called Ohio for Obama in 2012
    That led to Roger Ailes asking Megyn Kelly to strut on over to the brain room while a cameraman closely followed and Fox’s old, white, male audience drooled in delight
    At least until they told Rove he was full of shit and Obama won

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Funny thing, 23 and me recently told me that I have neanderthal ancestors and my sister in law posted an article that says I have a better chance at beating the covid if I get it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus.

6. Neutral Corner

Remind me not to get in any form of measuring contest with you. ;)

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If she weren’t already spoken for, I’d have proposed to Oscar years ago. I’d have also been shot down like a Scud missile, but why dwell on unpleasant thoughts at the start of a weekend?

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is a good Yankeefan imitation.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Rep. Eric Swalwell sues Trump over Jan. 6 riot, alleging he poses risk of ‘inciting future political violence’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...5b3a20-7cf5-11eb-85cd-9b7fa90c8873_story.html

It's well worth clicking through and reading the first three pages of the lawsuit. Some very plain speaking going on there.

"A House impeachment manager and intelligence subcommittee chairman filed a federal lawsuit Friday against former president Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Rudolph W. Giuliani and Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), claiming they should be held liable for injuries and destruction caused by their incitement of the Jan. 6 mob assault on the Capitol.

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), who also sits on the judiciary and homeland security committees, alleged Trump and his fellow speakers at a rally near the White House that day were directly responsible for mobilizing a crowd of tens of thousands of pro-Trump supporters to march on the Capitol and priming them for violence.

Trump’s actions before and during the assault — in which at least 800 people broke into the Capitol, attacked police and delayed Congress’s confirmation of the presidential election results — “made clear he poses a risk of inciting future political violence,” the complaint alleged.

Read the lawsuit here

“As a direct and foreseeable consequence of the Defendants’ false and incendiary allegations of fraud and theft, and in direct response to the Defendants’ express calls for violence at the rally, a violent mob attacked the U.S. Capitol,” the 65-page suit asserted. “Many participants in the attack have since revealed that they were acting on what they believed to be former president Trump’s orders in service of their country.”

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    OscarMadison likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Eight hundred? That’s the first time I’ve seen an exact number kicking around. (It clearly was a couple hundred, at least.) Republicans keep making it sound like it was just a small Kappa Pi reunion.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The current political situation is weird. While Democrats seem eager to water down their own legislation (to appeal to GOP voters who won't support them, or GOP Senators who still won't vote for the legislation) the GOP is intent on making it as hard as possible for some voters to vote in order to (they admit) remain competitive - instead of you know, adopting policies that might have more widespread appeal.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted