1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes. She was the bisexual atheist in a tutu protesting against wars.

Now she mostly plays dress-up to draw attention to herself. And never, ever, ever talks to the media.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Manchin playing hardball again. It's not going to pass.

This is the Democratic Party for you. They're so fucking bad at this.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You're not the Scud Stud? How sad.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's going to pass. Manchin is apparently going to vote yes on two amendments on unemployment insurance that directly contradict each other, allowing both to pass and leaving it to Schumer to decide if they are compatible. I mean, do these guys ever see just how silly these parliamentary dodges are? You're grown men and women in positions of major responsibility and you spend time playing these incomprehensible games? What a waste of time. I'd make a very poor Senator, because on about my second day I'd stand up and say "this is fucking stupid, those of you who aren't total assholes are wasting your lives and I resign!"

Driftwood and Kato like this.
  5. swingline

Why resign, Gee? Stay and expose every piece of dirty laundry. You'd be a party and Senate outcast, but I'll bet the people in your state would love it — and keep sending you back to Washington.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's like a few of the Dems figure they also have to play the part of "reasonable Republican" in this whole thing since there is no one else willing to take the role.

7. Songbird

Oh Oh, GOP down a vote.

Sen. Dan Sullivan, a Republican from Alaska, has left Washington, DC, to return to his home state, according to a GOP source familiar with his travel.

He did vote earlier Friday on the minimum wage amendment.

CNN has reached out to Sullivan’s office for comment on the decision to travel.

His departure adds to the challenges facing the GOP in trying to delay and amend the Covid-19 relief bill championed by the White House and currently stalled in the Senate. ​

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nice dodge. He supports it passing without having a vote on record.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Life's too short to put up with all that bullshit.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Songbird

Just went to No. 1 on the Alt-Bro chart.

11. swingline

But to expose their lies and hypocrisy, with documentation? Fuck yeah, sign me up for that. And if I get a chance to beat the shit out of Hee Hawley, even better.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For all their whining about "this isn't bipartisan" and parlimentary procedures, where is the Republicans' covid relief plan? It feels like the battle for health care all over again. Not Trump's promise of "the greatest health care," but the creation of Obamacare. Perhahps another corporate bailout?

I fear it's SSDD for McConnell and Co. anyway. Why make a plan when you can just criticize what the other guys are doing? Wimps in elephant's clothing.

wicked and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted