1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Retiring to his dacha?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They were building the palace for him, not Uncle Vlad.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mine too.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Fuck you Manchin, 81 million people didn't vote for Biden so some guy from bumfuck USA can stall Covid relief. If I'm a hurting West Virginian I'm furious with him.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Heard L. Graham on the radio saying they "had to" lower unemployment benefits otherwise people would make more by staying home than by working.

Of course, if you - um, raised the minimum wage...

Honestly, it isn't enough that some in government seem committed to the idea of people working 40 plus hours a week and barely scraping by - but they have to be bullied into it and shamed for taking any public assistance like food stamps because they don't make enough.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lol to the principal's office, Joe.

Manchin is now in the Senate majority leader's office

From CNN's Manu Raju, Ted Barrett and Ryan Nobles

Sen. Joe Manchin — who was assigned to preside in the Senate from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET — was just suddenly replaced with Sen. Patty Murray.

He then headed directly to Sen. Chuck Schumer’s office where he was greeted by senior staffers to the majority leader and brought inside.

The Senate has been stalled for hours after Manchin, a moderate Democrat from West Virginia, signaled to Republicans he could support a less-generous GOP plan extending enhanced benefits for the unemployed.

Senate Democrats have been working to pass President Biden's massive $1.9 trillion Covid-19 relief bill.​

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Schumer kinda sucks at being majority leader doesn't he? Shoot, can't even keep the home state senators of the President in line for votes.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

Nancy Pelosi would threaten to cut his balls off and feed them to the dogs. She takes a lot of crap but she keeps the House in line.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This's the problem. Pelosi should be president.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There are rare instances where Graham is right, but it’s the rare exception.

This past summer, I was working four days a week and because of an Ohio special program was still receiving unemploynent fir the one day a week I was off, full unemployment from the other full-time job I was working in 2019, along with the extra $600 per week.

Of course, I had to work two full time jobs the year before to qualify, but I was getting double my salary for a few months last year. Rare circumstances, but it happens.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So what if it did. You worked a ton of hours to get into that sweet spot and presumably had to live throughout doing so.

12. micropolitan guy

Just call it your own special oil depletion allowance, or personal tax-free municipal bond. Then you can pretend you were a job creator, too!

Draft saved Draft deleted