1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What they're saying is that this bill is not even 10 percent "COVID relief" but instead is packed with partisan pet projects. Anything labeled "X" these days is really X with a side order of LMNOPQRSTUV.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still not out of the woods.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

$2 trillion in tax cuts for the upper middle class is also a major partisan pet project.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Joe Biden is Bob Evans

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

At least stop calling the guy Dr. - he wasn't one

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Correct
    Also correct: those “partisan” projects combined are supported by 70% of those polled.
    I know it’s shocking in this era of a minority of aggrieved getting to call all the shots, but the passage of a bill supported by 70% of those polled is how a government is supposed to work.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

1. It’s the NYPost, AOC probably sells more papers and clicks than anyone since Steinbrenner.
    2. If your sources are tweets and retweets, you are covering a press release. Any time a politician puts something out for public consumption it’s a calculated intentional act that reveals only what the politician wants revealed.
    3. AOC and all the other house Dems know what happened in the Senate, it’s no shock as to why it happened.
    4. AOC v Pelosi is a cat fight that QChristians love to see. They hate both.

britwrit, 2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No legislation of any kind passes Congress without a few members saying "I'm bummed we didn't get everything I wanted." More often than not, those members vote "yes."

garrow, HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I would be curious how much Republican pork is packed into the bill. That was one of Ron Paul’s favorite tricks: pack a hill with pork, vote against it and then go back to the district saying he was fighting pork while getting the backslaps for money for pet projects. It was a win-win politically.

Draft saved Draft deleted