1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Timmy got some giddyup.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Really hope he runs to take Portman's Senate spot.

lakefront, garrow and Hermes like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Patchen and garrow like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If he could pull it off, I’d put Brown and Ryan up against any other state’s two senators in terms of where I want the party to be.

Mngwa likes this.
  5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The sad truth, however, is there is almost no chance of this. Ohio is becoming a very red state. Brown, who is awesome, didn't exactly run away with his last election, despite being against Jim Renacci, who barely even campaigned.

Hermes likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Agreed, but the fact Brown won at all shows just how incredible a politician he really is.

I was never happier pulling the lever for a candidate than when I did for Sherrod Brown.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ugh. Go back to your lousy restaurant. DC is no place for you.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Seeing how bad Greene and Boebert and Hawley are at all this almost makes one miss Trump’s expert level trolling.

Okay, not really.

But they’re never gonna re-create that guy’s ability to be the perfect shitheel. He was a genius at being exasperating in a way nobody else can replicate.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When Doug Jones was first running for Senate and still wasn’t a sure bet to make it out of the primary, Tim Ryan came down and spoke at an event for him in Birmingham with maybe 2-3 dozen people there. I was impressed then with his ability to connect with ordinary folks that you don’t see enough of out of Democrats anymore. If he goes for the Senate, I’ll have one of my monthly ActBlue contributions waiting for him.

garrow likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump had a 30 year head start in crafting his "a-hole persona." By the time he ran, people were used to it and didn't take it seriously. He generally went after other celebrities so nobody really cared - it was pro wrestling. These GOPers trying to fill his tweets? They just come off as clowns and their trolling is defining them. Maybe it plays to the base, but it's like all the Rush Limbaugh wannabees - they just don't have the goods to back it up.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Most people don’t have a Fred Trump or a Roy Cohn to beat/mold them into expert level sociopathy, either.

Donald is a special kind of ratface.

Mr. Sluggo and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted