1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Kids who play sports in the winter have to deal with that on the back end. Admittedly that number is smaller.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was also the adjustment of when your favorite shows would come on if they were on national networks. Comedy Central and the sort only had Eastern and Pacific feeds, so a show that started at 10 p.m. one week would start at 9 p.m. after the time change. My family could never really get a good handle on the time change when I lived there, would always call me too early or too late.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

two years to govern fix this let's see how they do

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not a lot of people know that.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The only thing that was missing was a "Beam me up!" in the style of his predecessor Jim Traficant.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of Glenn Grothman before. This is not an auspicious introduction for him.

garrow likes this.
  7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Represents the district where Ron Johnson calls home.

Nuff said.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That is one fucked up district.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s so refreshing that the vaccine rollout isn’t being distracted by threats that states or municipalities which voted for the other party will not get the vaccine. That there isn’t a barrage of insults aimed at politicians and scientists who might cast doubt on some crazy off the cuff statement or conspiracy theory heard on Twitter. That the executive narrative is a constant requirement to praise the President. Just trying to take steps to secure as much of the vaccine as possible and to get it into arms as quickly as possible.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Grothman made his bones in the Wisconsin Assembly as one of the faces of the anti-union bill. He then primaried a useful GOP member of Congress. His district includes one of the infamous "WOW" counties but otherwise basically consists of a bunch of dairy farms in an area between Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison. Kind of the typical Trumpublican area, full of rural white folks who feel like they're being oppressed.

garrow and Gutter like this.
  11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

If you live on the eastern edge of a time zone, doesn’t the sun rise earlier for you than it does for the rest?

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

With Daylight Saving Time, the cat will start knocking things off furniture and the windowsill beginning at 7 instead of 6.

At least until he figures out that we enjoy the extra hour of sleep, then he’ll probably go back to doing it at 6.

Draft saved Draft deleted