1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We're thisclose from packing Guam with a land-based Aegis missile defense system because it's widely believed it's the first place China would attack in the event of war...it's undoubtedly one of our top 2-3 military assets in the Pacific...and yet, this assclown says things like this. Nice job voting, Georgia!

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Do we need Aegis Ashore to perform a successful BMD to show the "WhY Do WE NeeD BasES EveRYWhere" crowd?

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not understanding Guam is a bipartisan thing in Georgia.

Rep. Johnson gaffe: Guam might capsize

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Voting on the American Rescue Package in the House now. (Dems finally get name/messaging right).

To borrow a phrase: This is a big fucking deal. Gonna help so many people who are really, really hurting.

Combined with the vaccines, the country really can be off to the races this summer. I’m desperate for normalcy.

I vow to never complain about tourists again when they return. (ok, I probably can’t promise, but I’ll try).

OscarMadison, garrow and wicked like this.
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It's over. Suck it Republicans!

OscarMadison, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

True enough, which makes it an even worse trade for people on the other side of the border. Sunrise in Atlanta was at 7:40 am Christmas morning. Can you imagine shoving it back to 8:40?

If they want to just get rid of the time changes that’s one thing. But completely divorcing the clock from the concept of solar noon doesn’t sit well with me.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Been talking to a lot of people at my usual socially distanced haunt, and it kind of feels like a summer of love is coming up. Lots of pent up energy. A single man can hope, at least ...

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Hells yes. Death to EST. DST forever!

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is one time where Republicans’ boy-cries-wolf nature kills them.

A lot of stuff is in this bill — good stuff, I think — that will greatly enhance the social safety net. We need those things. But the GOP has squealed about the end times so often that when there is a big bill like this that might merit a closer look, everyone’s ignoring them. It’s their fault.

OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I believe it was Dale Carnegie's evil twin Skippy who wrote "How to Lose Friends and Turn Off People."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So happy Dems didn’t water down the bill to please republicans who would never, ever vote for it anyway. It needed to be big and bold, and it is. Unlike 2009. Finally, Charlie Brown kicks Lucy in the ass instead of trying for the football.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Curious which Democrat voted nay and which Republican wimped out, er, didn't vote.

Draft saved Draft deleted