1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes.

Scout likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Then they can drag him off to The Hague.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I mentioned it in relation to Texas, but here’s what Arkansas did.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Somebody please bubble wrap Dan Rather.

Matt1735 likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Republican Party Is Now in Its End Stages

Perhaps too simplistic, but the GOP is at a crossroads. The culture clashes being launched seem anti-climactic - futile efforts to inflame and engage the base while Trump seems more interested in BEING the leader than in leading. But I did think latching on to the Tea Party and later Trump, GOP Inc. signaled they were desperate for public support - even if it was only a stop-gap measure. The party is desperate for a new face, someone without baggage who has ties to Reagan and can articulate why people should support Republicans rather than merely oppose Democrats.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I wasn't literally on the edge. There was still one county west of us in ET. I don't remember actually being in CT unless we made a trip to Nashville or Memphis.

I know you don't want to hear it, but . . . the "rich" people ARE the "taxpayers" (WRT federal taxes). Once another $2,800 lands in our bank account, we will have received more from the government than we paid in taxes, making our effective federal tax rate about minus-0.5 percent. And we haven't missed a paycheck.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

“If you see your local Congressional representative on a flight, be sure to thank her or him for their work this past year and for recognizing the noble work you all do every day,” the note added.

I’m not thanking my Republican representatives for shit.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

No problem sticking our kids with military and bank bailout bills.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So difficult to find an electable inbred corrupt opioid-addicted pedophile Nazi cop killer these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted