1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

College of Own the Libs Arts

OscarMadison, Mngwa, Webster and 3 others like this.
  2. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Liberty, Oral Roberts or Bob Jones University?

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did. BYU start out the same way?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Even if he has you on ignore, he's seeing all the side chat. The odds are that simple human curiosity will eventually lead him to look to see what has been said. I slam Putin and his thugs pretty often, we go back and forth... but slamming someone's wife based on projection about someone you haven't met is pretty shitty. That's some keyboard commando bullshit IMO.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

They have. Something about the universities would have to show that the kids are in the degrees or that something. There was some check on the universities to make sure that the kids were actually in the programs the state wants them in.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

No

Earning this money, which again is lottery money and not tax dollars, takes a combined grade point average, high test scores, and community service hours into account. It's a lot of work. And I've known kids who have missed out because they can't quite get the right test score. Asking these kids to work consistently hard through high school and then telling them they cannot study what they want to study in college is government overreach

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Again, it's information he has revealed. And it's not slamming her. Thirdly, I don't say anything on social media I wouldn't say to someone's face.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Apologies and appreciation to TigerVols and Hermes and Oscar and Neutral for dragging them into a galactically stupid threadjack. But to settle things once and for all . . .

We met online. No different than Joe meeting Sara on match.com.

We exchanged letters. We exchanged pictures. We agreed to start chatting (this was October 2007). My crappy 1999 iMac OS couldn't even handle that, so I went to the library to use its computers. After a couple of weeks bought a new iMac.

We chatted. 3-4 hours. Every day. Every single day. For four months. How much actual conversation do you think Joe and Sara had at the dinners/movies/concerts they attended while dating? Less than ours, I'm pretty sure. Our chats took up 540 pages. Yes, she saved them.

She invited me to visit. I visited. Saw snow for the first time in more than two decades. It was magical. Made arrangements to come back a few months later. Started looking into immigration and whatnot. In the meantime we kept chatting. 3-4 hours. Every day.

I visited again. Proposed at Gatchina Park outside of St. Petersburg. Traveled by train to Ukraine to meet her mother and brother. Brother drove us 6 hours to Kiev, where my plane departed for the United States.

Immigration came through, and her visa arrived in August 2008. She and her dog arrived in October, after a one-day hiccup when there was a problem with the dog's boarding pass (really), forcing them to stay overnight in Paris. Thankfully, Air France treated the dog better than it did her luggage. We married that December. Fifteen months after our first contact.

ARE WE CLEAR?
    [​IMG]

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Haven't posters who met on this message board gone on to get married?

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

At least four that I know of.

Draft saved Draft deleted