1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

You're extra soft and squishy for a sock puppet.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think it must be a store by store thing. A co-worker from ENC went to Walgreens for his first Pfizer shot yesterday. You may be able to schedule something new elsewhere faster than Walgreens can rerack everyone in their system.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is tremendous news!

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I got my first Pfizer at a Walgreens two weeks ago and I'm scheduled for No. 2 in two weeks. Nothing in the inbox .... yet. Going to assume (hope) that if you got the first shot, you're still good for the second one

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Or try a Walmart: Walmart.com/COVIDvaccine to sign up.

I got my first Moderna shot yesterday at my store, which is giving priority to associates but also serving others, as well. Took all of about 20 minutes, seriously. Mostly because I took the only available appointment left for the day (7 a.m.), but still. No problems (I had just signed up a couple days earlier, and was pleasantly surprised to get an appointment so quickly, on my day off no less). So, no waiting, and no issues (other than the seemingly prevailing sore shoulder last night). Second shot scheduled for May 12.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I tried the six closest to me . . .

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 3.07.03 PM.png

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yeah, that supply issue is still a thing, for sure, although I think it's getting better. Keep trying. I attempted to sign up the previous week, and was told the same thing (in person, although I just asked at my own store). But just a few days later, I got in, and I was thrilled I didn't have to go anywhere out of my way. I'll see if I can find out something about the supply line/priority in Walmart. If I find out anything, I'll let you know.

8. MileHigh

I got the same things at first when looking for appointments: All booked up. Then happened to look just before I started working at 6 a.m. when very few people were online. Got both appointments then so maybe try, if you can, early in the morning or overnight.

lakefront likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

C'mon out to California, we're practically administering them while in line at In-n-Out.

maumann and MileHigh like this.
  10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

From the Facebook vaccine hunter group I was in previously, Walmart usually drops new appointment slots around midnight Eastern.

11. MileHigh

I'm actually in California until Saturday.

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I wish people would get their stories straight. It's okay to get the shot. If you're immunocompromised, you'll drop dead like a Steinbeck pony. You hate America if you stay home. You hate America if you go to the store... ::sigh:: At this point, I just want a puppy, a kitty, and a chalupa.

Late to the party, but the discussion a couple of pages back reminded me of this:

Draft saved Draft deleted