1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They used something new for mine. My arm was swabbed with an alcohol prep, then a bandaid shaped like a picture frame with clear membrane in the center was placed over it. The needle was then inserted through the membrane, which prevented any blood leakage from escaping. Pretty cool, even if it was kinda overkill.

2muchcoffeeman and Cosmo like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm a supporter of socialized medicine. Read that again.

It's also a hell of a lot easier to socialize medicine for 10 million than it is for 350 million.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I got this too.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

We'll never know til we try.

SFIND likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gwen and I got our second Moderna vaccines yesterday. She was up and down most of the night and couldn't get comfortable. I feel like I played tackle football but otherwise no issues with fever or chills. I can't figure out whether I need lunch or a nap.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, we know it’d be much harder. Logic tells us that. Just like logic tells us a country of 350 million exports a hell of a lot more culture around the world than a country of 10 million. Which, it does.

I am also in support of trying. It’ll just be hard.

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Many of the non-vaccinated suffer from “obesity.”

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No. At this point, we know they're just suffering from stupidity. Practically no one has incurred any truly adverse or long-lasting or irreversible effects. The COVID-19 vaccine should be required, at least of every adult, just the way kids are required to have childhood immunizations before being enrolled in school.

And I mean of every adult in the world.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If Sweden is healthier --- and all metrics say it is --- it's because of lifestyle choices.

Lots of unhealthy countries have socialized medicine.

11. Neutral Corner

My only real reaction to Moderna #2 was that it made me take about a three hour nap on days two and three after getting it.

lakefront and maumann like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted