1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A little bit tough to claim he was uncomfortable with the Russians trying to help when he had gone on live worldwide teevee and beseeched them to do exactly that.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of those pieces that kind of makes you wonder why the cable nets continue to hype the TrumpTrain.

While popular in the party, Trump will not win in 2024. He left office as less popular than W. and Nixon. Will the party nominate him again knowing he rarely and even then barely cracked 50 percent approval during his four years in office? Sure, elected Republican have no other place to go than to court Trumpers, but dang, the sooner they broke ranks after his election defeat, the more time they would have had to build bridges to a post-Trump GOP.

What Liz Cheney has figured out about Donald Trump and 2024 - CNNPolitics

maumann likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mmm-hmm. Agreed. Nevertheless, both things can be true, especially on a board about journalism.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Who runs?

6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It's going to be very interesting if he runs. Whoever opposes him in the GOP primaries is going to have to argue that he was something less than a god-king while he was in office and thus incur the full wrath of the MAGA base. If you asked me who has the stones to do that now...other than a Romney, maybe...I have no idea.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The problem is, aside from Mitt Romney, the other blowhards are too busy kissing his ring to look out for themselves. They're so stupid that they really think the Subhuman Pile of Crime is their golden ticket.

Or you could be as confused, stupid or outright FOS as Nikki Haley.

Either way, kind of a problem.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hawley is going to keep polishing that turd into Bolivian.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I just received a call from a group supporting Devin Nunes.

Anybody else get these? I get them from Trump groups as well.

Anyway, wanna guess what I said over and over?

Dropping the landline next month. I kept it to fax docs but I can do that elsewhere, so buh bye phone company.

I think I'll miss telling the Trump, Nunes etc. people to go fuck themselves.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's a Christian world, the rest of us are only wasting their air.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

on page 777 no less

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Stay classy, North Idaho Trumpers ... nothing like tearing down an 82-year-old lady's Biden flag and dumping a garbage bag full of "feces" on her front yard:

Gloria_Wurm_flag_t1170.jpg
    Gloria Wurm, an 82-year-old Hayden resident for the last 17 years, said politics was likely the driving factor behind someone dumping feces on her yard and tearing down her flag in support of President Joe Biden.

Biden backer: I'm not taking this crap

Draft saved Draft deleted