1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What is the play here? I mean, why vote against this? Being assholes just to prove they can be assholes? News tip, girls: We already knew you were assholes.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Performance art.

Show their supporters they are fighting for them! Fuck the libs!

These people could care less about governing.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I didn’t figure a bone marrow registry was just a Democratic priority.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Now you know!

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

This is it exactly. And if I've read the intent of the bill correctly, and it's actually a short bill only five pages, if someone has been challenged they will not be allowed back on the field until the issue is resolved because all the legal protection goes to the people who think they're playing against the transgender athlete. The abuses of this bill are obvious, just on top of the general hatred that it foments toward transgender.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At a very basic level, they didn’t understand what the program is and what it does.

That’s the best I can come up with.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which, given what we know about them, would not surprise me one bit.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given their whackadooism, I wouldn't be shocked if they were against it because they think a DNA registry is a way for Big Brother to track you.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I know no one's going to do this to male athletes. The TBT quote says as much. You're smart enough to know what Dan was wrong about - teachers "violating all of your daughters" - so I won't belabor it.

I don't. I think that's a fever dream, super-slippery slope kind of take. But...in theory, a despicable coach could do that under the bill.

At any rate, the bill is hurtful and truly unnecessary. I posted what I posted because a bill can be hurtful and unnecessary while not being a violation of "all of your daughters."

Draft saved Draft deleted