1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is where Trump screwed us all over. There are decisions about opening up that shouldn’t be left to medical professionals. There are risks we must take to move forward that scientists aren’t best-equipped to make. The problem is Trump tried to make those decisions a year before they needed to be made and, more importantly, he’s got a bowl of maggots for where his brain is supposed to be.

Now every layperson in positions of authority who needs to push up against an overly-cautious medical opinion will be painted as a Trumpist know-nothing.

And this is where those virtuous lies they told in March 2020 are going to hurt, too. I understand why they told them, but no one knows if their insistence to stay inside is real or another virtuous lie.

The vaccinated should be able to work and with precautions like distancing and masks go about daily life again.

HanSenSE, dixiehack and Alma like this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I want to see stats that look like...

1,105 new cases in Scoutland with 1 have receiving the a complete vaccine. But that would cause hysteria among those waiting for the shot.

Now in three months can I see 112 new cases in Scoutland with 0 being fully vaccinated, then it’s time to start living normally again.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Even the vaccinated should continue to mask and social distance. You cannot be too careful.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is difficult to understand why people refuse to simply stay inside their homes for 13 months and counting.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think you're just messing with me.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Actually, without the your blue font-tinged dipshittery? Yes. For a couple more months. Unless you want to start affixing scarlet letters on the unvaccinated.

I’m sure they’ll go for that.

Because otherwise people like my sister will just lie and say they’re vaccinated sitting next to unvaccinated children in public places.

Now go back to your mid-life crisis.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“We’ve been fighting the Nazis for 18 months, but it’s really hard. Maybe we should stop.”

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You know who should social distance?

You.

You should spend the rest of your life social distancing.

SFIND and wicked like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's a very good point.

lakefront, swingline, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it could be more than a couple months. Which, whatever. I'll get tired of it at some point. I'm not there. Two years in, I might be.

I think the "treatment" side of this needs to improve, too. I think it's going to be around awhile, that vaccines will be fairly consistent (although they too can get better), and treatments need to get better. Prevention, too, through better eating, more sun, more exercise, etc. Stuff that builds good immune systems.

Quite a gift China gave us. Somehow, the US is the world's biggest media villain for a thing we did not create.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We are not the world's biggest media villain. Every country is convinced, with a very few exceptions, that their country completely fucked up its virus response and their media kicks the shit out of their governments accordingly. There's often justification for these beliefs, mind you.

Draft saved Draft deleted