1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Have at it!

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

She turned me into a newt.

Got better.

Fred siegle and maumann like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

They don’t give a shot if Biden golfs
    They’re too busy yelling WHY ISN’T KAMALA ON THE BORDER??!!?!

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's at a fine golf course. One of my brothers has been a member there for decades. So has Joe, come to think of it.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I didn't know Joe played golf. I'm kind of happy that he does. Even presidents should be allowed to recreate now and then. As much as it was a punching bag during the Trump administration, I counter that if Trump didn't or couldn't play golf, he could have done that much more damage. And based on the clientele he's not doing it to impress anyone. I think he's just trying to get away for the afternoon.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Funny ... the same sorts who tried to forbid criticism of Barron Trump didn't do the same for Chelsea Clinton.

(FWIW, leave the kids alone. Period.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Barring emergency, a President, any President, should have as close to a real weekend as possible. Do we really want the Chief Executive working NFL assistant coach hours?

Driftwood and Kato like this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

In that vein, I think it's probably super weird that three of our last four presidents have been teetotalers. I mean, it beats being a drunk but the ability to appreciate a good red or a wit would be nice.

9. Michael_ Gee

Jefferson was a wine guy. Lincoln was close to a teetotaler. Grant, well, you know. Hayes was famously dry. FDR was fond of a predinner cocktail or two. Truman was a bourbon guy. Kennedy liked daiquiris. Johnson was a Scotch guy. Nixon began drinking heavily towards the end of Watergate, but stopped as an ex-President. Obama, our last tippling President, liked the occasional beer, but was no party animal. Franklin Pierce was an actual alcoholic, as was Andrew Johnson.

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The daiquiris that Kennedy drank, or anyone drank in the 50’s, wasn’t the over sweet, frozen drink with paper umbrellas. Rum, a liqueur and grapefruit and limes juices, served martini style

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TowelWaver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted