1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The democrats need to ask What Would Trump Do if he was half as smart as Nixon. Eva Taylor Braun’s district nothing. Close as many federal government offices and services as possible. Don’t cut direct payments but any federal given office can be in the next district. Close some post offices.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Why don’t you write something about the junior varsity pandemics? They try just as hard.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I find the notion that W was a teetotaler utter nonsense. It’s about as truthful as the story that he tripped over Barney and got a black eye. Or was it that he passed out eating a peanut? I get them confused.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The only evidence Fatfuck is a teetotaler is ...his own word.

Okay.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Trump has a history of self sacrifice and impulse control so I have no doubt he hasn’t had a drink in decades.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If he drank, he would tell you how he can drink anyone under the table and still make a deal. He’d brag about it. He’s too much of petty punk not to tell
    You what great taste he has in scotch if he drank. But he can’t handle the liquor

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Everyone talking about the drinking exploits of ex-presidents, while Betty Ford chuckles in the corner and says, “amateurs.”

OscarMadison and UPChip like this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I should get upset at you because defending the Subhuman Pile of Crime should make rational people more than a little upset.

But the man watched another man, his brother, abuse alcohol to the point of affecting his own life. The Subhuman Pile of Crime adjusted his life as a result.

I can only empathize. It doesn't suddenly make him a redeemable sort – not by the longest of shots – but his numerous other vices and outright lies doesn't automatically mean he also abuses alcohol.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Donny in his element and Alma like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I posted a graphic saying US coverage has been more negative. You responded with some anecdote about French newsmen being negative. No proof; just quoting yourself in 2021.

my point about China and Russia - where the press is forced to lie - is that the lie persists because people aren’t discerning enough. It’s part of why our former president lied relentlessly. It works. It works even better actually fascist countries.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The British tabloids are cruel to the point that our most negative stories and headlines look quite tame by comparison.

Do we destroy the good folks across the pond as a result? I don't. Your mileage might vary.

This jerk – and I'm talking about the tweet, not Alma – smells of trying to soften the blow. And there's no softening of 12,000 deaths in his state, 575,000 in this country and three million worldwide. Not to mention the obvious economic downturn, psychological effects and everything else associated with a horrid pandemic.

What the man fails to realize – or, more likely, conveniently and politically ignored – was that trying to soften the blow of the deaths and of the indisputable fact that too many in his party have been on a never-ending crusade to politicize a pandemic, a serious health crisis. One look at his Twitter feed and one can see that he wants to come across as a positive and encouraging sort, in general. But he's also one to try and tell those who dare oppose GOP points of view to stay out of politics. That's straight out of the Moscow Mitch media playbook, and must be factored in to any response.

Therefore, I would encourage him and many others in his party to stop politicizing a pandemic and stop blasting the same media that has repeatedly caught the GOP, as a whole, doing so.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Imagining a drunk Trump is like imagining the tracks they left off the worst albums of all time.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The problem is that their power is waning. That's why they're lashing out like rabid dogs to hold onto the fleeting tattered remains of white, Christian Euro-centric Western civilizations. They're going to get bred out in another generation or two and predictably, they're acting like cornered animals with their voter suppression, anti-protest laws, Gerrymandering and such.

Draft saved Draft deleted