1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My wife just asked if I wanted to try again.

We just paid off the last IVF bill, we have a screaming sociopathic two-year old running around, my wife is 41 and we just had to have a supposedly-dangerous vaccine pumped into our body to avoid getting a plague for the second time in two years.

I just looked at her, bewildered, and said, “Are you fucking crazy? The next baby I want to hold is my grandchild about 22 years from now.”

Which means we’ll probably be trying again soon.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What advice from a decency expert might look like:

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My theory is Paul was on a diet when he wrote that.

The ol’ If I Can’t Have Pizza Nobody Gets Pizza Diet.

SFIND and dixiehack like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Any truth to the rumor that loading up on Advil/Motrin/Tylenol etc etc along with OJ and bananas etc etc beforehand mitigates effects of the 2nd shot?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Noted. And, FWIW, I agree with Paul.

But of course that's religion and, as you'll recall, the US is not governed by one particular faith.

Paul writes other things that people would find - do find - unfathomably objectionable.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I thought LAST April and May were supposed to be baby-making time because everyone was stuck inside with no place to go. :eek:

SFIND likes this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Mild discomfort. The arm really does feel like you've been punched. Not enough has been said or written about the selflessness of the volunteer army largely running this operation.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We elect people as leaders. They should bear the responsibility of shepherding, to some degree, those things.

Mind you, I don't always think we elect good people as presidents, governors, mayors and the like. But, additionally, we've so larded the decision-making structure - at all levels - with so many advisors and experts that I'm not sure our leaders - the ones we like, the ones we don't - get a clean look at making the decisions they've been elected to make. It's not unlike how many artists - not all! - peak in their earlier albums before a decline. You start getting a bunch of people around you, and what comes out isn't so much your vision, as theirs.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Possibly Mr. Biden.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

Assuming you are, the only part of that that's valid is not taking an NSAID or fever reducer along with the vaccine. The fever is part of how it works, so just sweat it out for three days.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

We are getting to the point at which the unvaccinated are unvaccinated by choice and not because of government inefficiency. And when we get there, those who remain unvaccinated will not feel compelled to protect themselves by wearing masks. They will feel less compulsion than ever. They will be the beneficiaries of the free rider effect. If they have gone this long without doing the right thing, why change?

Gutter and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Literally everyone I know says this. No colds. No flus. No bronchitis. No sinus infections. Will I wear a mask in the future? Probably not. But as soon as my lungs are filled with gunk for the first time, after nearly two years without it, I bet I'll wish I had.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted