1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Your last sentence is why the ignorami piss me off so much.

TowelWaver and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Jim Jones in the age of the internet.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia opened vaccinations today to anyone ages 16 or older.

lakefront likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This will never happen. ... but a pretty large percentage of Americans are subsidized by our government in the form of transfer payments of one sort of another (in other words, being subsidized by other people. ... many of whom want everyone who can getting vaccinated).

I hate what America has turned itself into in this regard, and I'd love to see it unwound. ... but given that the opposite is happening and the freebies have been accelerating. ... Why not say, if you are receiving an unemployment check, student assistance, a SNAP EBT card, a "stimulus" check, have your health insurance premiums subsidized by others, are on Medicaid, or are receiving any other transfer that other people are on the hook for. ... your choices are: 1) Provide a good health reason for why you can't get vaccinated, 2) get vaccinated, or 3) lose what you are collecting? Choice is still yours.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The same should be the case for all government subsidies be they farm, government subsidized contracts with businesses, discounted use of federal land, etc.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jersey did as well.

I get Pfizer 2 a week from today. Going to a Nats-Yankees game 12 days after that so I have to get tested first since I won't be two weeks past my second shot.

lakefront, Deskgrunt50 and Cosmo like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My only problem with getting tested is that I get hit with a fifty dollar co-pay.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Great additions.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t even think 30 years ago anyone would’ve argued with vaccinations being mandatory to do most things in public life. The anti-vaxxer movement was allowed to fester under the banner of freedom for way too long. Born in rich, liberal enclaves and picked up by the paranoid right, it’s an infuriating movement.

SFIND, lakefront, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
  10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I got stabbed. My GF got stabbed. My 22 year old got stabbed - all this morning.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Free and reduced lunch for their kids

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Kids don’t get to pick not being born to dipshits.

OscarMadison, lakefront and swingline like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted