1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait. Testing is not free in Alabama?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've been tested twice. Once to prove I was clear before a colonoscopy, and once before being allowed into the doctor's office while I had a fever a couple of days ago. If they coded the second one to "fever" I may not get billed. The first time, I had no symptoms to bill it to, so it would have gone in on a check-up code. Blue Cross hit me for fifty bucks.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm either a hypochondriac, or I've got some side effects - a good size headache, and the warm and fuzzies in my joints, which feels like "oh hey I'm about to have a fever."

It's not debilitating. Also ironically: I think this is the most sick I've felt since last January or so.

lakefront likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

New York did that last week. I think New Jersey did it today as well.

My daughter, who is 17, got her first shot Saturday. She had to get Pfizer because that is the only one approved for people under 18.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania did it last week as well. Too bad my son is only 11.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Justin-

It's weird little oddities of pain. The heel of my hand hurt like hell for a good three or four hours. Then foot pain. Then hands. Fun for the whole family.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Do the Yankees require fans to produce negative test results or proof of full vaccination status?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Having the typical reaction I’ve read and heard about. Had some sweats/chills early in the morning, low fever, mild but persistent headache and some body ache. And damn I’m tired.

Go immune system, go!

I’ll be on the couch all day. Hopefully ok tomorrow with a pretty busy work day.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Oregon opened to anyone 18 and over today. Hope our local college students take advantage, since the 18-30 demographic has 75% of our county's cases.

We had 0 cases reported on Sunday, can't remember the last time that happened.

lakefront likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got 2nd shot Thursday; felt a little woozy and sluggish Friday but had to rally because had a 2:30 tee time with a client!! (No way I was missing that unless I was praying to the porcelain god!)

Was worried about no reaction but heard that the vaccine was not tailored to specific age groups like typical vaccines, so there is more than typical for the younger age group, hence they are more likely to have a bad reaction.

Good luck folks!!

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My second Pfizer shot comes Friday at lunchtime, and I did a little planning to make it that way so I would have the weekend to crash and burn if needed. But now I’ve gotten a hematologist appointment thrown in the day before, so who the hell knows how it all meshes together.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted