1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

SIR

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

First audio now he is back on video, this is only the beginning, he will be everywhere all the time.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fuckhead FATUS waiting til red states fix his win, only way he'll run in '24.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You are right that elected officials should never comment on ongoing criminal trials. As for hiring police officers with ties to the communities they serve, police unions have spent decades making sure that can't happen. All Boston city workers must live in the city -- except cops and firefighters. Their contracts explicitly exclude them from the city ordnance. Well meaning civil service laws giving preference to veterans in hiring play a part, too.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a misstep, and I can't help but question his motives. Last I heard he adjourned on Thursday after the prosecution rested, holding final summation until Monday so the jury wouldn't have to be sequestered over the weekend. Not doing so while they deliberate is borderline incompetent or an attempt to provide yet another chance for a mistrial.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because she is a Black woman, some were going to vilify her anyway.

Worth it because she made clear how awful they are, and because she pushed back on a bully.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Not even Trump says "f_ck" that much ...

8. Sam Mills 51

Welp. Now I believe him. How about you?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

I'm disgusted by all the hand wringing over Maxine Waters' comments about the Chauvin trial when we literally went thru four years of a President putting his thumb on the scales of justice regarding investigations and actual trials. Like always, it was concluded that it was likely wrong but there was nothing that could be done or anyone had the will to do. Yeah, we just had to suck that up. Now, I should be outraged because a U.S. rep -- in California -- says people gotta continue to protest if the Chauvin verdict does not go a certain way? Not happening.

The jurors will decide however they choose and their verdict will not be as the result of anything Maxine Waters says.

OscarMadison, qtlaw, garrow and 4 others like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Good.

About 1 in 4 Americans say they might decline to be immunized. Among them is rocker, gun rights activist and staunch conservative Ted Nugent, who dismissed vaccines while announcing on Facebook that he tested positive Monday after suffering flu-like symptoms for 10 days.
    “I thought I was dying,” the singer said. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days, but I did, I crawled.”

11. Sam Mills 51

Well, because she believes it, it must be true ...

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Most likely sticking to Trump-friendly outlets. Because what Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper or Rachel Maddow would do to him would not be pretty.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted