1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, she's a keeper. NSFW.

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That’s not it. It’s the opposite. The media have been conditioned to write negative COVID stories because they had to spend a year combatting “Drumpf’s” sunshine and lollipops.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Looking for her glasses and claiming she's blind. Obviously (tone-)deaf, too.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Every time I engage with an anti-vaxxer, including my own sister, I feel like Dennis in this episode of Sunny.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

She seems nice.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It needed pointed out, why?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remember when Republicans kept telling us that flip-flopping was bad?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because somebody thinks a newspaper in a city that voted 80% for Biden is catering to its Trumpist readers by going out of its way to proclaim that the vaccines don't work.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That "somebody" is you, unless you don't believe your own words.

That was more than a "schlub writing a headline." It was the decision to write the story. The decision to give it prominence. And finally, the decision to sign off on everything. On April 20, 2021, for crying out loud, with the US kicking ass in vaccinations and the 7-day COVID death number average at a level one-fifth of what it was three months ago.

The editors of the Post-Dispatch aren't aiming their message at the residents of the city of St. Louis. Their readers, and advertisers, are in the suburban counties that went heavily for Trump.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We’re now arguing over such a small percentage of the population. People who read a newspaper.

wicked, swingline, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd disagree. That story will be linked by countless people and organizations and receive distribution far, far beyond the P-D's traditional "circulation" area. More people are reading newspaper stories than ever before. Just on a different platform than paper.

I've never subscribed to the Washington Post or the NY Times in my life. But I read their stories all the time.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They're not "aiming" their message toward anyone.

They're just being negative shits. Which is the norm. The variants are going to kill you. The vaccines won't save you. Woe is us.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted