1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was attempting gallows humor. I probably missed my mark.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’ve long thought the Post-Dispatch was slightly more conservative than some other outlets but, if we’re honest, very few news outlets will be slightly conservative much longer. A few will be so hard right you can’t hardly stand it for 9 seconds or they will be left of center to some degree. It’s harder to find journalists who are even independent.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How many daily print newspapers will exist in America by 2030? I could see it being down to three or four.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And some on Fauci's as well, since he had about 10 months of time during which he could have called a press conference and announced Fatfuck was an incompetent genocidal idiot, and did not. He soft pedals it even today

lakefront, swingline and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In Fauci's defense, he had to tread lightly lest Twitchy completely lop his head off. In which case he'd be no authority at all.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'd have the public bully pulpit of the media to be able to scream that Fatfuck was utterly wrong in absolutely everything he said, and was directly responsible for thousands of deaths per day.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He wasn't worried about reaching the people who would actually believe that.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The headline does not mirror the story. It’s a shit headline.

It’s also a shitty story.

You should get vaccinated.

The data returning shows that vaccinated people are not dying and are contracting the virus at a minuscule rate, but doctors agree that caution is still needed as we work towards the end of the pandemic, which is not here, yet.

Be a responsible newspaper for fucks sake.

100% of deaths in St. Louis County had not been vaccinated. There’s something to fit across six columns.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In 2020, the US reported a total of 20 million Covid cases out of a total population of 327 million. That’s one of every 16 people. All unvaccinated of course.

If I’m reading things right, there have been 5,800 breakthrough cases among 66 million fully vaccinated people as of April 13.
    That’s one of 11,379.

But let’s give equal time and respect to the klan that says vaccines are unsafe.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

There still be hundreds of little ones (<10K circulation). Lots of old timers will hang on in smaller cities and towns.

Now finding someone to actually deliver those papers? Good luck.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted