1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

America's Front Line doctors will still send them all the Hydroxychoroquine they need.

Patchen likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Masks work. Part 2,549,163. (Yeah, I lost the link.)

States with the lowest levels of mask adherence were most likely to have high COVID-19 rates in the subsequent month, independent of mask policy or demographic factors. Mean COVID-19 rates for states with at least 75% mask adherence in the preceding month was 109.26 per 100,000 compared to 249.99 per 100,000 for those with less adherence. Our analysis suggests high adherence to mask wearing could be a key factor in reducing the spread of COVID-19.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

India could become very problematic to the worldwide economy very soon.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can we send then Laura Ingraham and her never-ending media crusade for the drug ... or is that considered cruel and unusual punishment?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Waaaaaaay too many dot people with brown skin for her to stay in India longer than it takes to see the Taj Mahal.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Everyone who stockpiled hydroxycholorquin is excited about this developing market.

EDIT: I see I have been beaten to this line. Several times. Beers all around.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile …

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Waiting for the outcry over this. Hopefully some of the doubters will go get their shot before Biden ships all our vaccine overseas to the colored people.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I do find it interesting that we fronted a bunch of money to AZ (like we did with other pharma cos) and then never approved it, while almost everywhere else did. I feel like AZ was in the lead of the vaccine’s development for a long time, or at least it was best at creating that narrative.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Pfizer No. 2 done - and I feel great. Of course, it was only four hours ago. Check with me later to see if I'm whimpering like a baby

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Almost everyone in my state who died of Covid in recent weeks has been over 65. That age group here has been eligible for the vaccine for more than three months; I got shot #1 on Feb. 5. It probably makes me a bad person but I'm having a hard time feeling much empathy for someone who died in April who didn't take the relatively easy step of getting vaccinated in late January, February, March or earlier this month.

You don't want to die of Covid? You want the country to get back to some form of pre-3/2020 normal? Get a fucking vaccination.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Eh, not everybody that age has easy access to transportation. I’d want to know more details about a true refusal rate versus inaccessibility before writing off entire classes of people as forfeit.

lakefront and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted