1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

NY Post reporter resigns over bullshit Kamala book story, said she was just following orders.

Like the rest of the Nazis.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I applaud Idaho for this move. Been reading a lot about state legislatures taking up a lot of bills focused on addressing racism in everyday life. It made me wonder if COVID-19 has provided an opportunity (in addition obviously to the George Floyd video) to really think about the country we want to be going forward. The anti-trans and voting bills are getting a lot of play - but these kinds of bills should as well.

Idaho moves to ban critical race theory instruction in all public schools, including universities - CNN

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or tell us if you have ever been vaccinated against anything. Or if you would — if you could — undo any vaccines you have received.
    Fucking Trumpist.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It’s well written. Would be entertaining if it weren’t so vile.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My dad's from Idaho and I never would have thought that Idaho would be at the forefront of this. To them I apologize for my small-minded thinking.

To those who hate and demonize minorities, everyone just wants to be treated equal, like we are promised in the Constitution. Why is that so hard to understand?

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A close reading of the Idaho bill indicates it has been watered down to some pretty vague instructions so as to survive a court challenge, which it'll get anyway.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Banning critical race theory ain't gonna solve nothing, Pauulllll."--alternate universe woke SEC fan

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not that a Boise State degree is any more lucrative than one from Ace Obedience School, but that’s a helluva way to put accreditation in jeopardy.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to find a reason to "applaud" Idaho for this. This is a "The Blacks are the REAL racists!" move. They're banning teachers from discussing a history of racism in America and what it means today.

The Idaho legislature wants a white country going forward, and they don't want to hear anything about institutional racism along the way. That's what this is about.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Oh, fuck that.

It is unfathomable to me how someone could see elephants, in the wild, no less, and just shoot them for the hell of it, with no attack or self-preservation issues involved. So, what are they going to do with that animal now? Are provisions made for the ivory? If so, who gets the money? Or, is it just buzzard-feed now?

What a waste of life -- the elephant's, and those people's.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a really good podcast on the NRA and LaPierre, check out season two of Gangster Capitalism. In various episodes, they get into the schism between the administrative, rotting head of the organization - pretty much LaPierre, who filled the ranks with his loyalists - and the rank-and-file, most of whom reflect the more sportsman-like origins of the org.

OscarMadison, Hermes and Webster like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fucking morons. Inbred Christian extremists. Are critical race theory and Marxism so attractive a concept that any education on the matters would lead everyone to abandon all independent thought and embrace those theories whole? Is the idea of a Democratic republic and Keynesian Capitalism so precarious that any education on other theories of government and economics that much of a threat?

Patchen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted