1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I read that link. I get the logic, but it sounds to me like just a lot of rationalizing by man, in order to allow the killing of animals that have no offensive recourse or methods of defense equivalent to those of hunters, who can, and do, shoot, poison and poach to kill seemingly without end or any reason, outside of greed.

People are not killing elephants -- animals with nearly two-year gestation periods, and that don't reach sexual maturity after that until they're 10-15 years old -- for their own good.

Hunting deer and hunting elephants, or any endangered or threatened big game -- whether both are done for sport or for sustenance of any sort -- are not the same things.

It is mankind that needs to change and be willing to share the planet on reasonable terms, not just bending the world and all its other inhabitants to its will. The wildlife population -- particularly elephants -- will not ever recover, unless we allow it.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'd feel lots better if these strapping elephant hunters were down on some ranchero south of I-10 killing 1500-pound hogs instead.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There’s a big difference between hunters paying $15,000 for an elephant hunt and poachers killing them.

I hunt a lot (turkey hunted this morning, without success) but I have no interest in a safari. That said, I’m open to allowing limited ones for conservation purposes. And I’m open to being proven wrong about it.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They earned it. I don't refer to random females as bitches.

And their intellectual capacity to mine is usually comparable to an ice cube to the ice moon of Enceladus.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Then that says far more about you then it does them.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Starman, you know how we jump 'yab's shit sometimes when he goes too far?

You're doing it here. You should probably reassess and consider this.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

This is true. But I think we've all come to realize that elephants have a certain level of intelligence and what happened here with LaPierre was disgusting. He didn't know how to hunt it or deliver the actual kill shot. That animal suffered. Do we even know if that was an old elephant or one that otherwise needed culled?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He definitely wins the French kiss vote.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He’s an anti-vaxxer who defends Alex Jones and other whackjobs. But hey he turns a profit. Corporate America is so woke!

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I've only listened a handful of times and learned to skip past the ads, too. The last time I listened was when he had a comedian on who just so happens to be the sister of my brother-in-law's wife. They talked a lot about COVID and he kept telling her what vitamins to take and other things he was going to send her and tell her about to help her be/stay healthy. He went on and on about it (not sure why I continued to listen).

Draft saved Draft deleted