1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we allowed to talk about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Doge going the wrong direction.

2. bigpern23

Major downturn today among basically all cryptos. BTC dipped below $50k, Doge went down to like $0.17, ETH dropped from $2.6k to $2.1k. I took a bath on BTC, in particular, though I’m admittedly still optimistic about the future of what I have in it.

Bear market looks real, but it also seems like an expected correction. Will it be another “crypto winter?”

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I figure that Bitcoin will rebound eventually and probably spike enough to offer solid profit taking. Doge not so much, although at 17 cents it might be worth a forty or fifty dollar flier.

4. bigpern23

I think BTC is here to stay. I think ETH could eventually rival or even surpass it because of its utility and the ETH2 won’t consume energy the way BTC does, which will likely funnel younger, environmentally-conscious investors (who will become older, richer investors) its way.

My theory on Doge has been, and remains, that there is a lot of new money that will be flowing into crypto over the next decade and, given its notoriety, a not-insignificant portion of that money will go into Doge, despite its lack of utility. I’m hoping to have enough tokens that when it spikes up over $1, maybe even over $5, I can cash out with a major profit. I think it will go over $1. Over $5 is probably a pipe dream, but it would be hella fun if it did.

Inky_Wretch and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

That's kinda where I am on it. It's just a matter of how much money I'm willing to put into it, knowing that it might just flatline without warning.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And people selling Doge on Robinhood are seeing the money vanish from their accounts.

I’m sure it will be corrected eventually, but people are mad because they are selling and. Using the alleged dip and hoping to repeat the process. But they can’t buy without money in their accounts.

7. Neutral Corner

That's another issue. So many of the crypto banks/dealers/brokers have been shady as hell. Millions disappear when they suddenly vanish overnight. Another reason that I'm not in a screaming hurry to play with it.

8. bigpern23

Having the private keys to your tokens is the key to avoiding this. I haven’t taken that step yet because I’m worried I’ll end up one of those guys that forgets his password and gets locked out of millions.

I’ve got enough invested now that I probably should do it.

9. Neutral Corner

Then do it and put the password in three different places that you can remember. Safe deposit box if you have one, inside a favorite book, whatever. You got this.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So DOGE corrected like 50% since that KC Chiefs dipshit's announcement. Change the name on his jersey to Gilooly.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Didn't he say he was taking Bitcoin?

He tweeted about it on March 18. Doge was .0574 and didn't move significantly until April 13.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I meant crypto in general.

Draft saved Draft deleted