1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Rogan's appeal is the same as any of the other contrarian populists from here to Donald Trump. Nothing makes stupid people feel better about themselves than someone explaining how it is in fact that smart people that are stupid, or deceiving you, and that you, the stupid person, can crush the people that make you feel stupid by believing this one thing.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Someone on here called him an anti-vaxxer, so I went to read what it was he had said. ... and I didn't find anything that sounded anti vaccine. I thought he was giving bad advice, but that is a matter of opinion. There were no conspiracy theories, lies, disinformation or crazy claims in anything he said.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Joe Rogan has been going downhill since News Radio.

Patchen, OscarMadison, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

And that's why people listen. He's saying what some portion of college students must be thinking, it goes against prevailing thought, powerful people in science freak out, and Rogan wins because, again, people think he's saying what he really believes and tune in accordingly. It's him. It's not a performance. I don't agree with him on this or many other things but, then, I have the power to believe or not believe anything. I retain that agency.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ok got it.

Rogan by his own description is a "fucking moron" who is "not a respected source of information about anything."

So he "says what he really believes." Who gives a fuck what he believes? He's wrong.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I forgot to add Matt Walsh to my list of pseudo intellectual college dropouts who have way too much influence.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I only know one Matt Walsh and he’s awesome.

Does anyone else know another Matt Walsh?

[​IMG]

sgreenwell and doctorquant like this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Frankly, what we’re seeing in India is what I thought much of the world would look like early in 2020.

As awful as this has been, I expected worse and didn’t think we’d even be close to having a vaccine.

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted