1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is that the same Big Government that Republicans are now taking credit for even when they vote against it?

OscarMadison, lakefront and garrow like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In the summer of 1977, New York Daily News columnist Jimmy Breslin received a series of disturbing letters written by someone whose identity remains unknown to this day. The first one began:

"Hello from the skyscrapers of N.Y.C. which are filled with expensive but tacky furnishings, immigrant wives, tax schemes, hair spray and tv sets. Hello from the discos of N.Y.C. which nightly display the types of people and behaviors I will later attack. Hello from the luxury suites of N.Y.C. pro sports teams. J.B., I'm just dropping you a line to let you know that I appreciate your interest in my career. I am the man in the tower, the Son of Scam. Some day I will rule not only this city but the whole country. I don't have any qualifications and I still won't then either, but it will happen, believe me. Scam is a thirsty guy, so I have to continue. Like a spirit roaming the night. Thirsty, hungry, seldom stopping to rest; anxious to please Scam. I love my work. But the empty void is never filled. But someday I will honor Scam with the biggest fraud of them all. And if, somehow, I am later derailed my beliefs will continue to live on in the hearts and minds of millions."

[​IMG]

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Son of Scam. Brilliant

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

He got enough votes to prevent being voted off the island, but not by much.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not any and all people. Just people named Alexei Navalny. :)

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Some of these people are insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted