1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HanSenSE, garrow, Driftwood and 2 others like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had a large golf outing (24) Ryder Cup like over 4 days and talked heart to heart with many about politics, no yelling, just exchanging ideas. That’s what needs to happen more throughout all discussions, intra family, intra community, intra nation. Don’t paint everyone on other side evil. There is some hope. (Walked into buddy”s house and first photo is him with 45, we’re still buddies, he didn’t kick me out)

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I truly have no patience for this woman.

The GQP is what it is, and she needs to accept it and become one with the singularity of racist, traitoring stupidity that is that party...or leave it. And until she does one or the other, I'm all in favor of her continued dragging.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated by the idea of this event. Would you mind elaborating? How were you connected to the 24? How did you manage 4 days off from life to play golf? What were the Covid protocols? Do tell!

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just wondering: How many tennis tournaments did Billie Jean Moffitt win? How many tennis tournaments did Billie Jean King win? Same person, different name.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I disagree with this.

Putting my personal feelings about her political party aside. ... Why can't she believe that her party stood for something else / better before Trump and be working to restore it to what it was rather than just having to give up?

Your binary choice is kind of unfair, just in practical terms. In pretty much 99 percent of the country, you need to be either a democrat or a republican to get elected to Congress. It sucks, but that is the reality she faces. If she leaves her party, she loses the party organization and most of the funding that she needs to have her congressional seat.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I think I get why you'd say yes. But I'm not sure a, or the, transgender person would say that.

And, anyway, it doesn't really matter who someone is, or was; it matters more now who/what they identify as.

Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and others who simply changed names I would definitely see as the same persons. They are still themselves, and haven't really changed, or been changed, as occurs with a transgender person.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  11. Neutral Corner

Oh, I like her right where she is, making a big stink with the Trumpists throwing spitballs. It rubs the noses of saner Republicans who aren't cultists in the fetid shitpool that GOP orthodoxy has become. If they stay home, or better still get out and vote against the idiots, the D's chances increase.

I don't think she's going anywhere. Even if she gets muscled out, she'll be back.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted