1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As soon as the kiddo gets vaccinated, we are hitting our favorite Mexican place and gorging on unlimited chips and salsa. That's the one drawback to getting takeout, you don't get all-you-can-eat chips and salsa.

wicked, I Should Coco, garrow and 5 others like this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

A very good friend of mine, who was already something of a Jordan Peterson devotee, appears to have 'found' Candace Owens over the course of the last year. It's distressing, though I kind of chalk it up to her upbringing in the "WOW counties".

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There are people who think she should run for President.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I admit to being only slightly familiar with her oeuvre, but I think there's money to be made in being every Trumpist's "black friend."

lakefront, garrow, dixiehack and 3 others like this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

She was a liberal until she figured out there was money to be made from hard-working morons.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

This is as close to the perfect explanation of the situation as I've ever read

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And to sum that up . . .

She's outside jogging, so chances of catching/spreading COVID are .00001.****
    Aha! But she's vaccinated, so chances drop to .0000001.
    Eh, not good enough. Better wear a mask, so chances drop to .000000001.
    Dammit, still not good enough. Better add a second mask, so chances drop to . . . what exactly are these people looking for?

****actual numbers subject to revision by doctorquant

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it's perfectly understandable that many persons would have covid PTSD even after vaccination. It's unfortunate messaging, but it's how they feel and it's tough to address because like so many other American issues these days, it's not about policy at all.

Hermes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My state has started doing this as well, re-routing unused doses from Eastern red counties to the Willamette Valley, where the vax rate is very high.

Draft saved Draft deleted