1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I have always gotten my flu shots at the doctor's office in November. Last year, they said they were out of the vaccine and I should go to the Walgreen's, which was about 100 yards away across the parking lot. Had to wait about 20 minutes and was done.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I’ve gotten my flu shot and a TDAP at the doctor’s office, but when I needed a measles booster and the chicken pox vaccine, I had to go elsewhere. Both were a little hard to find at the time. My doctor advised me to try making an appointment for my 40+ year old self at a pediatrician’s office because they often have the chicken pox vax, but I eventually found a pharmacy that had it.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point. This “board” likely just following “Drumpf’s” lead.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Anywhere I've worked over the last 15 years has had flu shot clinics.

What NC posted was very true. For most of us with first-world privileges, life hasn't materially changed. We're still cashing our checks, we're still eating three meals a day, we're still getting takeout from the local Chinese joint.

The person's comment does ignore the very real problem of rural poverty, where if you want to go to [bigger city] you're probably walking 30 miles to a Greyhound stop — if you can afford the bus.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I gave easily two to five hundred flu shots a year to lab walk-ins. The nurses on the doctor's side probably doubled that. Two family docs and two pediatricians.

6. Neutral Corner

Yeah, the vaccines are expensive, and if they expire unused they're a dead loss. The doc stocks what there is a demand for and writes a scrip for the others. We had pediatricians so also had access to the childhood/juvenile vaccines.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Outing alert: @tapintoamerica is @Fredrick. Or is that the other way around?

8. Neutral Corner

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That's fascinating. I get sent to Publix. Flu, measles booster, tetanus.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nah. That's the other place. Please crawl back there, you sad little troll.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Apparently the pool a buddy of mine is a member at (and I’m a frequent guest) has said that if you don’t get the vaccine, your membership is suspended. I’m good with that. Might even move me up the wait list for my own membership.

Draft saved Draft deleted