1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

standing or seated

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why would you think I hate farmers?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If any of this were true there wouldn't be a federal minimum wage because workers would have the power to do the things you think they have. In a perfect world that might be the truth, but it is not and workers are punished for it. And yes, a wage is unfair if you have to work three jobs to live comfortably. Clean housing in a safe environment, means of transportation, food, health care, day care if necessary, Wi-Fi and electronic device, and a little bit of discretionary income. If you don't think that's fair, that's on you.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

One of these days, Ragu will be right about the catastrophic collapse of the economy. And boy will he be there to say "I told you so!"

It won't matter. Even if you had time to put down your can of beans while working your third job, no one will be able to afford the internet.

But, dammit, he'll be there!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I completely agree.

Here's my issue with society, you want "a living wage"? Then as consumers, start patronizing those companies that pay "a living wage." That's more powerful than any government mandate.

Yet, all it does is fall on deaf ears and people demanding government intervention.

We, as American consumers, have a vast ocean of choices as to where to spend our $$, yet people default to the Walmart then complain about homeless workers living in their cars. (Admittedly I have opportunities others don't.) Talk with your $$.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is a Federal minimum wage because our Federal government put a price control on the labor market. To the extent the Federal minimum wage is actually above the wage most jobs would command today if they were being freely negotiated (probably not many), it harms people, it doesn't help. Because for every person who gets paid more because of that, you subject others to the real minimum wage: zero. I think that is highly unfair.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Let go of the federal minimum wage when the federal government relinquishes all direct and indirect payments to businesses. Flat tax all corporate profit, before dividends and insider stock options and purchases.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

1D0F4F89-162B-48C0-B277-2579B9B302DD.jpeg

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regan MacNeil and garrow like this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted